Sunday, January 30, 2011

A letter or two

(my oldest two when they were young and innocent)

Dear Lilly,

I realize that you are getting older and I very much appreciate and am excited about your recent acts of independence. You're quickly approaching the big 8 and I can see all the ways that you are progressing forward in discovering who you are. Your desire to move out and go to college and even have a boyfriend when you turn 18 is a little premature, but I can roll with it. If I may, I'd like to give you one little bit of advice,though: lose the attitude cause it ain't cute and you're no teenager.

Love,

mom

Dear Abe,

Yesterday I saw you pull down your pants, bend over and pass gas when you thought no one was looking. I did get after you saying that's not how a big boy behaves (although that seems to be exactly how a big boy behaves), but I want you to know that I really really wanted to laugh. In fact, I had to turn my head so you couldn't see me because I did laugh...quite a lot.

Love,

mom

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh, Quinnie B!! I am laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes! I tried (and finally prevailed) to read this to derik...he thinks it's funny too! love you!

Kandice said...

You are too funny...those were great. And little Abe...can't wait until he teaches Chase that trick...haha.

Rachel McEwen said...

Hilarious!!!! i am still laughing:)

Brittany said...

Too funny! Love it!

EleanorPotter said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!