Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The good and the bad

The bad news is this: my dear Abe broke his arm and bonked his head and couldn't get up in the morning. I wasn't home so I don't know what happened for sure, but I was led to believe he fell off his scooter whilst playing in the backyard which is the size of a dog run in case you want to know. It's a minor break and we were dreading a cast but after he fell off the counter this morning (prepare yourself for a run-on) and I woke up to the sound of things falling on the ground and Abe screaming and then I began screaming and running downstairs whilst yelling for Kelly to wake up and we both ran in the kitchen in such a panic that I couldn't even see straight to find Abe on the floor with a sore bum, we agreed to get a cast. This kid is going to kill me. Anyway, the point is that the arm needs to heal before he can break it again.
Incidentally, Kelly and I were just commenting the other week on the fact that Abe hadn't broken anything yet. Stupid us for saying it out loud. Next time, we just need to pass notes or text each other what we're thinking.



And the good news is this: while walking into Target today with just Oliver (that's part of the good news that I didn't have to chase any kids on a trip to Target) a beloved lady asked how old he is and I said he was almost 9 months and then she said this, AND I QUOTE:
WOW, YOU LOOK GOOD FOR JUST HAVING A BABY

I love her.

2 comments:

Cari said...

You should find out where that lady lives and send her flowers.

Ashby Family said...

poor little man. He loved showing his cast off today in primary. He was so good a reverent during primary today. : )