Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Where Do They Learn These Things? Part Two

Abe is learning a lot of words lately and so when he looked down at his feet and pointed and said, "foot" I was really proud of his efforts. Only he didn't say "foot" exactly, he said "fook" which sounded a lot like you know what. He said it a few times and Kelly and I praised him for learning a new word (albeit unfortunate pronunciation). Later that day we went house hunting and walked into a home that had all tile floors which made for a nice echo when we spoke. The kids noticed this, especially Abe, and decided to use his new word, fook, to yell over and over again so he could hear the echo. The realtor was kind enough to ignore this outburst. And so to answer my own question, I really think my kids get this propensity for swearing from their father because I only swear in my head. (Just kidding, Kelly.)

2 comments:

Brittany said...

House hunting? Where are you guys going? Are you renting right now? Don't leave, you just got here!

Angela said...

These posts are so funny! So have you guys found anything you like yet? We have to hang out sometime. Maybe next week? (we've got a crazy rest of this week)